Hyper-specialised research has produced an almost exponential knowledge explosion in the last decades resulting in many benefits while at the same time fuelling theoretical, personal and practical disconnection and one-sidedness. IFIS is focusing on counterbalancing this unprecedented evolution through:
- boundary-crossing integrative research which is highly relevant for the unprecedented transformational challenges in society, nature and self.
- contributions to existing fields, areas and disciplines by applying integral or likeminded approaches in terms of situating, criticising and reinterpreting the given domain-specific paradigms, theories, methods and results.
- the development of value- and method-based approaches to the design, further development and mutual critique of integral or likeminded frameworks.
- the development of scientifically acceptable methods for doing research in the subjective realm.
- reviews of integral and likeminded research streams.
- productive “inter-“ and “trans-integral” dialogues between different streams sharing multiple concerns with each other while maintaining their specifics.
- non-dogmatic explorations of the links between scientific, artistic and spiritual traditions and disciplines.